If you are setting up fencing on a ranch, there are a few fencing supplies that you may want to keep handy to ensure that your fencing project goes smoothly. Here is a list of some typical fencing supplies that you may want to consider keeping on hand:
- Fence posts: These are the vertical supports that hold your fence up. They can be made of wood, metal, or a combination of materials.
- Fence rails: These are the horizontal pieces that run between the fence posts and provide stability to the fence. They can also be made of wood, metal, or a combination of materials.
- Fence panels: These are pre-assembled sections of fencing that can be easily installed between fence posts.
- Fence wire: This is used to create the actual barrier of the fence. It can be made of various materials, including steel, aluminum, and vinyl.
- Fence staples: These are used to secure the fence wire to the fence posts and rails.
- Wire tensioners: These are used to tighten the fence wire and ensure that it is properly secured to the fence.
- Fence gates: These allow you to easily access different areas of your ranch.
- Fence tools: You will likely need a variety of tools to install and maintain your fence, including hammers, pliers, wire cutters, and post hole diggers.
It’s also a good idea to have some basic repair supplies on hand, such as extra fence wire, staples, and fence posts, in case any of your fence needs to be repaired.